Friday, January 28, 2011

Anime Line-up Change-up!

Well, I know what I said I'd be watching/reviewing for this month. I must apologize right now, since due to a heavy course load and a rather good line-up for Winter '10/'11 anime, I just won't be getting to a few! So what am I watching?

Asura Cryin'- This is staying on my 'watching' list. I'm in a 'Let's Watch' group for it.
Kimi ni Todoke Season 2- It FINALLY started airing! Initial impression as of Ep. 3? I'm shocked. I love it more than the first season. Sweet, adorable, heart-warming.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica- An original work by SHAFT. Not your typical Magical Girl. Impressions as of episode 4? Princess Tutu dark, probably darker than that. At the same time, it's compelling and intriguing with Faustian themes. I was completely misled by the descriptions and preview- this is NOT for the kids!
Mirai Nikki OVA- Review will be posted soon. No comment at the moment.
Gosick- A Victorian Age duo pair up to solve mysteries in a foreign land. Impressions as of Episode 1: Fun. If only for Victorique- so Shinku, and yet so fun! I have a feeling this will be more about the characters than they mysteries, though.

Ones I plan on picking up soon:
Hourou Musuko- As awesome as this looks, I have to read a few chapters into the manga in order to watch the anime. It starts a volume or two into the story. However, I've heard rave reviews.
Fractale- Why not? The previews looked interesting. But trying to fit it in with these other shows is dragging on me.

Ones I'm not touching:
Beelzebub- I'm reading the manga. And I've heard that the anime is a crass aprody of it. Also, I don't have the time.
Bakuman- Again, I'm reading the manga. I've heard from a reliable friend who has also read the manga that the anime brings nothing new to the table.
Freezing- Inless I hear that this is an Amazing Super Above-Average Shounen, I won't touch it. There are just too many ecchi shounen out there with average stories and plots.

Manga: Easier to do, since I can read fater than watch. What am I into right now?

Fruits Basket- It's classic. And I haven't read it. Will be upcoming.
Special A- Another one that's huge, and I haven't read. For shame!
Yume Kira Dream Shoppe- A one-shot manga volume for next month's Manga of the Month on one of my forums. Can't wait!

So as you can see, I've got a lot on my plate for this season. And I'm sooooo excited about it! I should have a few more reviews out on various shows I've already seen, but this is what's going to be for the new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment